The Sabre 362 was the first of the collaborations between Jim Taylor Design and Sabre Yachts. This popular design was named Cruising World’s ‘Mid-Size Cruiser’ Boat of the Year in 1994. Approximately 120 hulls were built between 1993 and 2003, making this a hugely successful design. The 362 blends traditional looks with excellent performance, in the Sabre Yachts tradition, and are built for people who love sailing. This design is a boat capable of long range cruising, but also with the ease of simple day sailing. My Girl is a very attractive example of this yacht.
Intuitive and responsive handling and an unparalleled level of fit and finish above and below deck are some of the features that set the Sabre 362 apart from other sailing yachts in her class. She is a moderate displacement yacht, designed to provide a comfortable sea kindly ride and a high level of performance regardless of wind and sea conditions. With a stack pack for dropping sail easily and all lines leading aft, My Girl is easy to sail by a couple or solo sailor.
Comfortable for a family of two to six people, this Jim Taylor design is a joy to sail. She handles easily and sails swiftly. Her interior offers two separate sleeping cabins, a spacious main salon, and a stall shower in the head conveniently located at the base of the companionway.
Don’t miss your chance to own this deep keel version, a rare find on San Francisco Bay.
|Name of vessel
|Fuel tank capacity (gallons)
|Water tank capacity (gallons)
|Holding tank capacity (gallons)
One enters My Girl’s cabin down five easy steps from the cockpit. The teak and holly cabin sole and varnished cherry bulkheads, furniture and trim are complemented by molded white overhead panels. Joinery throughout reflects Sabre’s quality craftsmanship. Ventilation is excellent from nine opening ports, two large opening hatches and two cowl vents. Additional light floods the interior spaces from two large fixed windows to port and starboard. Blinds cover each of the ports and windows. There are overhead, reading, and courtesy lights. All settee cushions and berths are covered with blue upholstery. Handholds are well placed throughout the boat. Head room in the main cabin is 6’4”.
Forward most is the master stateroom with comfortable V-berth and custom bedding. Hull side ceilings are covered with wood battens and there are shelves to port, starboard and forward of the berth. Below the berth are three drawers, and there is a hanging locker aft to port and a dressing settee with locker above to starboard. Two opening ports and an overhead hatch provide light and ventilation.
Next aft is the main salon. To starboard is a 6’7” L-shaped settee with fold up salon table and straight settee opposite. When the table is in the up position, it rests against the forward bulkhead creating an open, inviting space for socializing when friends are aboard. When the table is in the down position it has a leaf that extends to accommodate both settees. A bookshelf on the forward starboard bulkhead can be accessed when the table is in the down position. The starboard L-settee has an insert to create a double berth. Storage is in four louvered cabinets and on fiddled shelves, as well as in cubbies behind seat backs to port and starboard. Light and air pour through an overhead opening hatch, two stainless opening cabin ports, and four fixed cabin ports. Batteries and the inverter/charger are located below the starboard settee and tankage is below the port settee.
The nav station is located at the aft end of the straight settee to port. The nav table is top opening, and there are two drawers and a locker below the table facing inboard. An electronics panel/console surrounds the nav table with the AC/DC electrical panel just forward of the table.
The L-shaped galley is opposite the nav station. The double stainless-steel sink is set into countertops close to centerline. There is a single hot/cold pressure water faucet, fresh water manual foot pump, and a manual pump for draining the ice box. Below the sink are storage lockers and drawers. The large refrigeration box is along the outboard side of the galley with two opening top hatches as well as a front opening hatch. There are six large tambour sliding lockers above the stove and refrigeration box. Between the sink and the refrigerator box is a small hatch in the counter surface that lifts to access the garbage bin. Aft of the refrigerator box is a stainless steel two-burner stove and oven. Outboard of the counter is a large stores cabinet with sliding doors and open segmented storage above for cutlery and dishes.
HEAD WITH SEPARATE SHOWER offer 6’1″ headroom. There is a separate shower stall with plexiglass bi-fold doors and hand held shower fixture. A locker is along the outboard side of the shower stall, and the shower seat lifts up for additional storage. Forward of the shower is a vanity and integral sink with storage lockers and shelf outboard. The manual toilet is forward of the vanity. A mirror is located on the forward bulkhead. Surfaces are molded for ease of cleaning. Storage is behind tambour sliding cabinet doors along the hullside above the sink, in a hullside cabinet in the shower stall, and below the shower seat. This area is kept well-lit and ventilated by a fixed cabin port and opening overhead hatch in the head area, and an opening cabin port in the shower stall. Macerator on overboard discharge.
AFT CABIN has a door for privacy, offers 6’1″ headroom, and has a 6’5″ long double berth. Storage here is in a cedar-lined hanging locker, and along a hullside shelf. Light and air flow through an opening cabin port outboard and two opening cabin ports that face the cockpit.
OTHER INTERIOR FEATURES
- Teak and holly cabin sole throughout
- Varnished cherry interior with ash hull ceilings
- Accordion shades for all cabin ports
- Navy blue ultrasuede cushions
- JVC FM/AM stereo with speakers in the main salon
- Lewmar deck hatches over galley and head for added ventilation
- Lewmar polished Ocean Series deck hatches with screens
Galley offers 6’4″ headroom and an L-shape configuration. Storage is along a hullside shelf, behind beautiful tambour wood slider cabinet doors, two flip-down cabinets, with additional cabinet, and three drawers below the sink.
- Double basin stainless sink
- Hot and cold pressure freshwater
- Manual freshwater
- Refrigerator/ice box pumpout at sink
- Large Seafrost refrigerator with amazing top and side access
- Hidden trash receptacle under Corian counter insert
- White Formica counter
- Two burner propane stove with oven
- Pots/pans/dishes/cups/glasses/silverware included
- New B&G system. Zeus 3 chart plotter (2018)
- (2) Triton2 displays (2018)
- B&G Radar (2018)
- Airmar DTS800 triducer (2018)
- Autohelm auto pilot with remote
- 12V DC electrical system
- (2) Group 27 deep cycle marine batteries with selector switch
- (1) Group 29 engine start battery
- (4) Siemens solar panels, 55W each.
- 110V AC electrical system
- Zinc Saver Galvanic Isolator
- 30 amp shore power with cord
- GFI protection
HULL AND DECK
The hull of the Sabre 362 is constructed of fiberglass in vinylester resin with balsa core. Blue Awlgripped topsides with gold cove stripe and varnished toe rail and varnished handholds on the cabin top combine to give her a classic appearance. Her moderate displacement, fin keel and spade rudder deliver sea kindly performance and she is easily handled by a couple. Decks are molded non-skid with side decks that are easy to navigate. The pushpit and pulpit are stainless steel connected by double stainless steel lifelines between stainless steel stanchions and boarding gates amidships. There is a dual bow roller with anchor locker at the bow. Two large hatches, nine opening ports and two cowl vents provide excellent ventilation. The cockpit features comfortable seating and good lazarette storage including two lockers in the aft cockpit bench and a large sail locker under the starboard cockpit bench. The cockpit has an off-shore dodger with side and aft handrails for safety at sea and protection from sun or rainy, blustery weather.
- Fresh bottom paint, (2022)
- MaxProp propeller and shaft coated with PropSpeed (2022)
- CoverCraft dodger, hatch covers and winch covers (2018)
- Exterior brightwork stripped and refinished 2022
- CoverCraft wood hand rail covers (2022)
- All thru hulls replaced with Forespar Marelon thru hulls (2018)
- Stainless steel lifelines (2019)
- Awlgripped Flag Blue hull
- Transom with swim platform and ladder
- Mid-ship stainless chocks and mooring cleats
- T-shaped cockpit for easier maneuvering around the wheel
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Deep cockpit storage below helm seat and port lazarette, shallow storage in starboard lazarette
- 9 opening ports with screens
- 4 hatches
- 2 chrome Dorades
- Cockpit cushions length of port and starboard seating
- Fortress anchor FX-37, 10 ft chain, 200 ft x 5/8” 3-strand nylon rode
- Danforth anchor, 10 ft chain, 150 ft x1/2” 3-strand nylon rode
- 35 lb CQR anchor
- Edson cockpit wood varnished table mounted on pedestal
SAILS AND RIGGING
- Main halyard Dyneema (2022)
- Main sheet double braid (2022)
- Tides Marine strong track (2022)
- Mast powder coated (2018)
- New Ullman main sail (2022)
- Stakpak with zippered Sunbrella bag (2022)
- Rigid Garhauer SS boom vang (2018)
- Custom aluminum boom
- Harken roller furler
- Navtec integral backstay adjuster
- Spinnaker halyard
- Whisker pole
- Jib halyard
MECHANICAL AND PLUMBING
- Westerbeke 35C three-cylinder 32HP freshwater-cooled marine diesel
- 34-gal aluminum fuel tank installed with new vent hose (2022)
- Engine exhaust hose replaced (2022)
- New 18-gal holding tank and sanitation hoses (2022)
- New Isotemp Slim Square water heater (2022)
- Three-blade Max prop with Prop Speed (2022)
- Katadyn 40E Powersurvivor watermaker (2020)
- Two water tanks, main under port settee, secondary under V berth
- Engine has been professionally maintained annually
SAFETY GEAR AND MISCELLANEOUS
- Stainless steel lifelines (2019)
- Cockpit cushions
- Air horn
- Dock lines & fenders
- First aid kit
- Olin flare kit
ADDITIONAL SALEPERSON COMMENTS
My Girl is a well-equipped Sabre 362 with all the comforts and performance necessary for local club racing or a comfortable cruise to any destination of your choice.
- Froli Travelspring System in V berth (2022)
- Custom mattress topper (2022)
- Companionway screen doors and hatch
- (5) fenders new covers (2022)
- (3) step dock step
- Dock lines with snubbers and other various lines
- Hand held VHF
- Diesel can 5 gal.
- (4) spare fairlead blocks