BONNI JEAN II is an owner’s version Lagoon 440 that has never been chartered. She’s had only two owners since new; both knowledgeable and diligent yachtsmen who have updated and maintained this popular cruising catamaran to a very high standard.
BONNI JEAN II is currently in the Bahamas and making her way back to Ft. Lauderdale with an expected arrival of April 1st. The current owners have enjoyed sailing the U.S. east coast and Bahamas for the last three cruising seasons with frequent visits by friends and family. BONNI JEAN II was stored on the hard for six months per year for two of these years. Health issues now make this clean, turn-key Lagoon 440 seriously for sale.
The accommodation space is entered via a sliding glass door in the cockpit. BONNI JEAN II is an owner’s version Lagoon 440 with the spacious main salon, galley and nav area atop the bridgedeck. The starboard hull is entirely dedicated to the owners with a stateroom/office aft, and head/shower forward. The port hull has two staterooms and two heads. Upholstery is elegant white leather. Pleated curtains shade all windows and the salon door. Many upgrades have been added over the standard Lagoon 440 including a custom bookshelf in the owner’s stateroom, stainless-steel towel racks in the heads and bottle racks in the salon. Ample overhead spot lights, reading lights, cabin fans, hatches and ports, and electrical outlets are provided as one would want on a comfortable cruising yacht.
The salon has a large dining table to port/forward with a curved “L” shaped settee forward and a bench seat with back aft. Storage bins are under the bench seat. Vertical fixed and opening ports all around provide 360 degree panoramic views while minimizing interior glare and heating on sunny days. Headroom measures 6’ 6” throughout the interior. A storage cabinet with table top is aft of the settee to port. The electrical switch/control cabinet is aft of the port hull companionway. Switch/breakers controlling all systems are behind a smoked acrylic door. A wood door inboard accesses large breakers, genet control, inverter/charger remote control, and holding tank monitors.
The galley is located to starboard/aft. The countertop is beige Corian and two large stainless steel sinks are fitted with a single lever mixer and pull out sprayer faucet. A dedicated Seagull drinking water filter tap is fitted at the inboard sink. A smaller dish drying sink is fully to starboard in the countertop. The gas stove sits below a three-burner propane stove with stainless steel backspash. A microwave oven is outboard of the stove. A large sliding window is above the sink providing ample ventilation when cooking and a quick pass through for drinks and food to the cockpit table. A wide bank of cabinets is above the window, over the countertop. A front loading fridge is below the countertop inboard. Drawers and additional cabinets are outboard of the fridge. A front-loading freezer is forward of the starboard hull companionway.
To starboard/forward is an efficient navigation station. The navigator sits on a swing-out stool at the forward-facing chart table. With engine controls, autopilot, chartplotter/radar display and radios close at hand, one can safely stand watch while off soundings at this sheltered location. Navcom electronics are flush-mounted in black, removable panels in a wrap around console below the windows. A hinged top opens a drawer for nav tools and office supplies in the chart table. A printer, scanner, copier sits atop a wide shelf outboard hinting at the dual nature (office/navigation) of this area. 12V and 110V outlets, a flexarm chart light, engine controls, and stereo complete this space.
The starboard hull is dedicated to the owner’s stateroom. A sliding door over the companionway provides privacy. At the base of the companionway, is an office area with swing out stool, writing desk, reading light, and 110V oulet. A tall hanging locker is forward of the writing desk. Additional full height hanging lockers and lockers with shelves are forward of the companionway. A full-sized white leather couch is aft of the writing desk along the hull side. A bank of cabinets is above this sofa. Inboard is a credenza with open bookshelf, drawers, and lockers. A walk-around queen berth is aft on center. An upholstered headboard and two reading lights are mounted on the aft bulkhead. Small side shelves for books, cell phones, and reading glasses are on either side of the bed aft. Two drawers and two lockers are below the berth forward. A flat screen TV is mounted inboard on a partial bulkhead forward and viewable while laying in bed. Cabin fans, large fixed hull side port, and an overhead hatch complete this stateroom.
The owner’s head occupies the entire forward portion of the starboard hull. Most surfaces are white/wipe down for ease of cleaning. There’s just enough wood trim to add a measure of elegance. A vanity with sink, Corian counter, and mirrored door cabinets is inboard. A large stall shower with opaque acrylic door and opening hull side port is all the way forward. An electric flush head and large fixed hull side port/window are outboard.
At the bottom of the port hull companionway is a passageway with a bank of storage lockers is inboard. A locking privacy door closes the forward stateroom. A large double berth is forward. A mirror is on the forward bulkhead. A large fixed hull side port, smaller opening port, overhead hatch, cabin fan, reading and dome lights, and 110V outlet complete this space. The forward head is entered through locking privacy doors in the forward cabin or the passageway. A sink with Corian counter is outboard/fwd below a mirrored door medicine cabinet. A storage locker is aft, outboard of the electric flush head. A flip down hinged seat and pull out spray nozzle with hose allow showering in this space. An overhead hatch, towel bar, and lights complete this head.
The aft port stateroom is entered through a door aft of the companionway. An island-style queen berth is aft. A padded headboard, reading lights, night tables on each side, power outlets make this a comfortable stateroom for crew and guests. A hanging locker is outboard/forward. A small opening port and large fixed window are outboard in the hull side and an opening hatch is overhead. The aft head is ensuite and entered through a door forward/outboard. A sink with Corian countertop and mirror door cabinet is outboard. An electric flush head is forward but is covered with a top loading washing machine. It could easily be returned to service if one preferred having three heads.
- Haier HLP21N top loading clothes washer (in port aft head)
- SMEV three burner propane stove and propane oven
- Stainless steel microwave oven
- Front opening 12V refrigerator
- 12V freezer
- Seagull IV X-1F drinking water purifier with dedicated FP faucet
- Cockpit fans
- Screens for door, windows and front hatches in salon
- Curtains for all ports and windows in hulls
- Air conditioning with controls in all staterooms and salon
- High quality custom mattress in master stateroom (new 2017)
DECK & HULL:
BONNI JEAN II has a white gel-coat hull with blue antifouling paint below double blue boot stripes. A thin cove stripe bisects two large/fixed and two smaller opening hull side ports on each side. A recessed step is recessed into the hull sides below the midships boarding gate providing an easy step up from low docks. A stainless-steel capped rub rail runs from bow to stern just below the deck edge to protect the hull sides from pilings.
A teak toe rail is fitted atop the hull/deck joint. Stainless steel stanchions support double uncoated wire lifelines running from bow to stern along the side decks. Midships boarding gates are fitted on both sides. Bow pulpits are substantial and incorporate white Starboard dolphin watching seats. The deck is also white with non-skid molded into the sidedecks and cabintop. Lewmar hatches and ports in the deck, hull sides, and cabin provide ample ventilation and natural light. With sail controls atop the cabin, the side decks are amazingly wide and uncluttered.
Boarding this catamaran from dinghy or water is done from the scoop sterns via three easy steps from the swim platform up to the side deck. A swim ladder is fitted on the port side while hot/cold bathing showers are fitted port and starboard. Storage for snorkel and fishing gear is below the swim step on each side. A custom stainless-steel arch masterfully designed, fabricated and installed by Kato Marine in Annapolis runs between each stern and mounts solar panels, wind generator, antennas, rod holders, webbing line reel, stern light, and outboard motor lift.
This Lagoon 440 has ample interior and exterior living spaces to accommodate a crowd who may want to spend time together or apart. There are two cockpits. The forward cockpit is recessed into the main deck just forward of the raised cabintop. Six can comfortably sit facing forward along a side settee with removable bottom and back cushions. A huge storage locker is below the seat. The anchor windlass is below a table/cabinet on centerline/forward. Huge storage lockers are in each bow with watertight bulkheads aft.
In all but the coolest of weather, time spent while underway, at anchor, or docked will be in the aft cockpit. Steps lead from the port side deck/stern into this cockpit. A sink with single lever sprayer nozzle is set into a Corian countertop to port. To starboard, a U-shaped dinette with removable back/bottom cushions will dine a large group. The large removable dining table can be swapped for a smaller table for cocktails. The large table stores into the solid, fixed bimini. Ample storage is below the aft cockpit settee. Shelter is provided by the overhead rigid bimini and side/back shades cloths.
Three wide/easy curved steps lead from the side decks to the centerline, raised flybridge. Seating for those who want to steer, observe, or view the horizon forward is along the aft side. A leather covered helm is on centerline where excellent views of the sails, electronics, and bows is appreciated by the captain. Engine and sailing controls are close at hand. Line bins for sheets and halyards are found on either side of the helm. An overhead bimini with clear removable windows all around protects this flybridge from sun, rain, and wind. Handrails around the bimini and cabintop provide a high level of safety while underway.
BONNI JEAN II was professionally compounded, buffed, and waxed on all smooth exterior fiberglass surfaces in January of 2020 and shines! The bottom was painted with Seahawk Islands 77 plus antifouling paint at the same time.
- Custom Kato stainless steel stern arch with outboard motor lift, solar panel mounts, wind generator mount, rod holders, Ultraline reel, arms for hoisting/storing kayaks or SUPs, and antenna mounts.
- ULTRALINE flat rope reel on stern arch with 132’ of nylon webbing
- Stainless steel dinghy davits with 3:1 lifting tackles, line stoppers and Harken 32ST two speed winch
- Outboard motor storage mount on stern rail
- Highfield model 340 Deluxe aluminum RIB with steering console and Orca-hypalon fabric tubes
- Grey canvas chaps and engine cover (new 2020)
- Honda 20 hp model BF20D outboard engine with electric start
- (2) Spectra trampolines (new 2014)
- Manson supreme 60 lb. primary anchor with Mantus swivel (new 2018), 200’ of chain (new 2016) and 100’ of line rode
- Anchor bridle with Mantus snubber pendant
- Fortress spare anchor and rode
- Quick ARGO anchor windlass and gear box (new 2016) with handheld remote control and remote control at helm
- Hot/cold deck showers on both transoms
- Stainless steel swim ladder on port transom; pulls out of storage cassette; stainless grab bars on each side
- (3) Cylindrical fenders with navy blue velour covers, large round fenders, and ample dock lines
- (8) Large aluminum mooring cleats with stainless steel chafe strips
- Stainless steel bow pulpits with dolphin watching seats
- Flybridge helm station dodger/bimini/enclosure (New 2018)
- Main salon window mesh sun cover
- Mesh sun shades for cockpit
- White cockpit cushions with blue piping
- Covers for hatches and winches
- Folding kayak storage racks on port forward stanchions
MECHANICAL & PLUMBING SYSTEMS:
The engine compartments are accessed through flush/locking hatches at the top of the transom steps on each side. Gas struts hold these hatches open. These spaces are lined with soundproofing foam and fitted with blowers and lights. The genset is located in a sound enclosure inside the aft cockpit forward settee.
- (2) Yanmar 4JH4CESD 54hp engines (2500 hours)
- New Yanmar engine panels 2016
- Yanmar SD50 saildrives; rebuilt/updated cone clutches by Great Island Boatyard in 2019
- Two blade Flexofold propellors
- Dual engine throttle/gear levers at chart table
- Dual engine throttle/gear levers at flybridge helm
- Racor 500FG fuel filters on engines and genset
- Quick model BX6012SL 1200 watt 110V 60 liter hot water heater
- Spectra Catalina 340Z 12V 340gpd watermaker with MPC 5000 remote control panel (both new 2016)
- (2) Jabsco Quiet Flush 12V electric flush heads
- Additional Quiet Flush 12V electric flush head in port aft stateroom has been turned off and a washing machine installed over it. It can easily be returned to a working head.
- Onan 11kw 120V 60 hz genset in sound enclosure (2280 hours)
- New genset start battery in 2020
- 50 amp 230V shorepower 50’ cord (new 2018)
- 50 amp shorepower galvanic isolator
- Electric Energy D400 wind generator mounted on stern arch with Flexcharge controller
- (3) Kyocera 135 watt solar panels (mounted on stern arch) with Outback FLEXmax 60 MPPT controller
- Magnum MS-2000 inverter/charger (new 2016) with ME-RC50 remote control panel at chart table
- 740 amp hour 12V house battery bank
- (2) Diehard platinum PM-1 12V starting batteries
- 110V AC analog voltmeter
- Analog DC volt and ammeters
SAILS & RIGGING:
BONNI JEAN II is sailed from the flybridge helm station. All lines are led to aft to this central area where visibility of sails and seas is excellent. The Harken genoa sheet winches were upgraded to size 60. An electric Harken winch raised the mainsail. Other lines can be led to this winch when powered handling is desired. A mainsheet traveller is mounted atop the rigid cockpit bimini. Sails and running rigging are in prime condition and optimized for performance. An asymmetric spinnaker with control sock will keep this boat moving well in the lightest of winds.
- Sparcraft double spreader anodized aluminum mast with ball bearing cars for mainsail luff
- Folding steps on mast up to first spreaders
- (2) Signal halyards to first spreader
- Sparcraft anodized boom and forward crossbeam
- Profurl genoa furler on headstay
- Quantum square top full batten mainsail (new 2016)
- Doyle lazy bag and lazy jacks
- Quantum furling genoa (new 2016)
- Doyle asymmetric spinnaker (new 2012) with ATN control sock; custom storage bag in front locker
- ATN Gale sail
- (2) Upgraded Harken ST60 two speed genoa sheet winches
- Harken ST50 electric, two speed main halyard/main sheet winch
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION:
- Raymarine E127 MFD in swivel Navpod at flybridge helm (new 2016)
- Raymarine E97 MFD at chart table (new 2016)
- Raymarine AIS650 Class B transceiver (new 2017) with dedicated antenna
- Raymarine Sirius weather receiver (new 2016)
- Raymarine 2kw digital radome (new 2016) mounted above first spreader on stainless steel mount
- Raymarine SmartController wireless autopilot remote (new 2018)
- Raymarine E400 autopilot (new 2016) with p70 control at chart table (new 2016)
- Icom M604 VHF at chart table with remote control mic at flybridge (new 2016)
- Icom M802 SSB, AT 140 tuner (both new 2016), starboard shroud antenna with Hayn HiMod insulators
- Westmarine stereo with speakers in salon, flybridge, and cockpit
- Flat screen TV’s in master stateroom and salon.
- Plastimo compass at flybridge helm
- Clock & Barometer
- Bistorm Bad Boy bullet wifi extender with unleashed router (new 2016)
- Winslow model 6SLO liferaft (needs service) in white fiberglass valise; mounted in stern storage cavity
- ACR Global fix Pro EPIRB
- Fiorentino Para-anchor sea anchor with rode and bridge (never used)
- Fiorentino Shark drogue with rode and bridge (never used)
- (2) Lifesling MOB recovery system in rail-mounted bag
- Yellow horseshoe buoy with rail mount
|Name of vessel||Bonni Jean II|
|Model||Lagoon 440 - Owner's Version|
|Location||George Town, Bahamas|
|Beam (feet)||25' 4"|
|Draft (feet)||3' 6"|
|Displacement (pounds)||28,000 lbs|
|Engine model||Yanmar 4JH4-CE|
|Fuel tank capacity (gallons)||170|
|Water tank capacity (gallons)||280|
|Holding tank capacity (gallons)|
[contact-form-7 id=”2506″ title=”Contact”]