ALLURA is a high quality example of the classic Hallberg Rassy 46, ideal in shorthanded coastal and ocean cruising. While very well equipped, she features much redundancy in key functions making her both operationally safe and reliable. A true pushbutton boat with hydraulic main and genoa furling, powered winches, bow thruster, hydraulic vang, and backstay. This Hallberg-Rassy 46 has easy chairs to starboard in the salon and all the desirable comfort features including hard dodger, full cockpit enclosure, air conditioning, dual forced air diesel heaters, fridge and freezer, and a Spectra watermaker to make extended cruising a joyful experience. Her interior is finished in classic warm satin mahogany and off white port coverings throughout. Her comfortable saloon seating has the richness of Hallberg-Rassy selected blue Alcantara fabric to complete the warmth of this central cabin.
Electronics were recently upgraded with Furuno MFD in the cockpit, Raymarine instruments, AIS, VHF, and redundant autopilots. Powering the electronics is an impressive electrical system with 8kw genset, large 12V and 24V alternators, battery chargers, shore power transformer to accommodate 110V or 220V, and a large bank of AGM house batteries.
Delivered new to Seattle, ALLURA cruised the Pacific Northwest for three years before sailing to New England. The current owners purchased ALLURA in 2008 and have used her in New England during the summer and stored ALLURA inside each winter except for 2021 when she was stored outside and fully covered. In 2019 ALLURA was prepared for a transatlantic trip that was cancelled due to Covid. ALLURA is found ready to undertake ocean passages and long-distance cruising. Now stored indoors at Maine Yacht Center in Portland, ALLURA can be shown by appointment.
- Factory provided hard dodger (hard dodger installed in 2012, original windshield in storage)
- Hydraulic mainsail and genoa furling
- New Elvstrom EMS EPEX mainsail and genoa, new 2019, very light usage.
- 2019 Highfield 10’ RIB with 8HP Yamaha
- Electric winches
- Airconditioning and diesel heating systems
- Spectra Watermaker
- Mastervolt AGM batteries
- Easy chairs in main salon
- Updated electronics
- Dual, fully redundant autopilot drives
- Extensive maintenance history, very good condition.
I can’t say enough about Hallberg-Rassy 46’s in general. It’s tough to imagine a finer bluewater cruising sailboat. I’ve have had the pleasure of logging thousands of miles, delivering Hallberg-Rassy 46’s in Sweden, up and down both coasts of the U.S., and in Mexico. This is far and away one of the nicest bluewater cruising boats available. Comfort, performance, stowage, and excellent construction details on this proven design are just a few of the reasons that the Hallberg-Rassy 46 is such a timeless and sought-after world cruiser.
|Name of vessel||Allura|
|Engine model||Volvo TAMD31S|
|Fuel tank capacity (gallons)||174|
|Water tank capacity (gallons)||243|
|Holding tank capacity (gallons)||20|
ALLURA’S interior is satin finished mahogany with white vinyl wrapped marine plywood overhead accented with mahogany staves, teak, and holly sole, and blue Alcantara upholstery. White curtains are on all ports. Hatches are fitted with curtains and insect screens. Ventilation is provided by 12 opening ports, three opening hatches, dorade vents and numerous Well-placed low wattage fans. There are numerous handholds fitted conveniently throughout the boat. Reading, overhead, task and courtesy lights are located throughout the boat. Headroom in the main salon is 6’3”.
Starting forward is a guest stateroom with a watertight forward bulkhead between the anchor locker and this stateroom. A V-berth is fitted with removable infill and cabinets are above the berth to port, starboard and forward, and a hanging locker with counter aft and to starboard. Three large bins are below the berth-ideal for storing extra sails. Hull sides are covered with mahogany staves. An opening hatch, reading and overhead lights, two cabin fans, and power outlets complete this stateroom.
Next aft to port is a bunk room with three lockers above the top berth and hanging locker along the forward bulkhead. A cabinet is aft. The top bunk hinges and stores up when not needed. Storage bins are below the lower berth. Reading lights, cabin fans, lee cloths, opening ports, power outlets, and an opening hatch complete this cabin.
The forward head is opposite the bunk room. Finish is white laminate, white Corian, and white fiberglass moldings for the sole. A removable teak grate is fitted in the head. A drain pan and overboard discharge pump removes shower water. All combine to make this space bright and easy to clean. A Jabsco electric head is forward and oriented fore and aft; making it usable when healed. Outboard is a Corian counter with integral sink. Storage cabinets are above and below the sink. A mirror is mounted on the forward bulkhead. Aft is a shower stall with spray nozzle, hose, and adjustable height shower bar. Hela turbo fan, overhead and counter lights, power outlets, opening port, and cowl vent complete this head.
- 24V Jabsco Quiet Flush electric head, A choice of fresh or salt water flush is available.
- Large stainless steel holding tank, custom made by Kingman Marine
The main salon right in the middle of this yacht and well-designed for dining, lounging or entertaining. An “L” shaped dinette is to port. The drop leaf table comfortably seats six using two folding director’s chairs inboard. Bottle storage is located inside the table. Storage lockers are outboard of the hinged seat backs. Bin storage is below the settee. Cushions are sectional for easy storage locker access. Four cabinets above and outboard of the settee have fully louvered doors. Two easy chairs are to starboard. A console with two drawers, counter, and locker with smoked acrylic doors is between the chairs. Two storage cabinets and an open bookshelf are outboard/above the chairs. Additional storage lockers are outboard and below the chairs and accessed by folding the chairs over on hinges. Two Hela turbo fans, reading lights, valence lights, overhead spotlights, power outlets, opening ports, and an overhead hatch complete the salon. A lee cloth converts the settee to a full length sea berth.
The U-shaped galley is to starboard of the companionway ladder. Counter tops are white Corian. Sliding door cabinets are above/outboard. Cabinets are fitted with movable dividers and pegs to keep dishes and galleyware secure. Five drawers and a pull-out cutting board are forward below the counter. The gimballed stove/oven is fitted with stainless-steel crash bar. Storage for pots and pans is below the oven. A hinged floorboard accesses bilge storage space. A double, stainless-steel sink is aft and fitted with single lever faucet and manual foot fresh water pump. The top-loading refrigerator box is on the outboard aft corner of the counter. A top-loading freezer is located behind the nav table. Storage cabinets are located below the sink and inboard counter. Three small lockers are above the counter along the aft bulkhead. Overhead spotlights, counter lights, fan, power outlets and opening port complete this very functional galley.
- Force Ten three burner stove/oven
- Xintex propane solenoid switch/fume detectors alarm
- Ewave white microwave oven
- Hela turbo cabin fan
The navigation station is opposite the galley to port of the companionway ladder. The forward facing, opening nav table is large with plenty of room for paper charts. Navcom electronics are mounted on the forward console. DC switch/breaker panel and other system controls are outboard.
The upholstered seat hinges up to access a storage bin. Additional storage is located in five drawers below the chart table, a bin/armrest outboard and cabinet aft of the nav seat. A cabin fan, power and USB outlets, Nav network cable, reading and bar lights service this work/office station.
A hanging locker and storage cabinet with AC switch/breaker panel are located in the passageway to the aft cabin. Doors to the engine space are inboard. Emergency communications and signaling equipment on wall over bookshelf.
The aft stateroom has a double berth to starboard and a single berth to port. A dressing seat is located between the berths. A large hanging locker is forward to port followed by a bureau with two drawers, two cabinets, and a small counter. Forward on centerline, is a mirror above a cabinet with shelves and counter. Storage cabinets are located on each side, below the deck edge above the berths. Opening ports, reading lights, overhead spotlights, power outlets, two cabin fans, opening ports, and overhead hatch complete this stateroom.
An ensuite aft head is forward and to starboard. Finished in easy to clean white surface material, the head includes a Corian vanity with integral sink and single lever faucet. A separate stall shower, curtain, spray nozzle with hose, and overboard drain pump is forward. A removable teak grate covers the sole. A large mirror is on the aft bulkhead. Sink-illuminating dome light, overhead spotlight, opening port, cowl vent, power outlet, and cosmetic mirror are fitted. Storage is below the sink and in a sliding door cabinet outboard of the sink. A Jabsco electric flush head is inboard.
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION:
The electronics have been upgraded during the last five years. A Furuno 12” MFD is swivel-mounted on the port outer chart table. The laptop, located at the chart table, is fully integrated into the Nav systems by cable. The radome is located on a Questus, self-leveling backstay mount. Two autopilot drives are installed and selected via a switch on the steering pedestal.
- Furuno 12” MFD and radome (new 2023)
- HP laptop with Nobletec software, including radar at chart table (new 2023)
- Furuno FA-50 Class B AIS transponder (new 2019)
- Si-Tex Mtadata AIS antenna splitter (new 2019)
- Raymarine Ray 91 VHF radio with mics at chart table and steering pedestal
- Victron Orion-Tr 12/12-9 DC power supply for electronics
- Simrad NAC-3 autopilot computer
- Simrad hydraulic autopilot drive
- Lewmar-Whitlock rotary autopilot in engine room
- Switch on steering pedestal to select autopilot 1 or 2
- Simrad AP48 rotary autopilot control head on steering pedestal
- (2) Raymarine i50 displays at companionway
- Raymarine i60 wind display at companionway
- Stabilized NEMA 2000 12V data hub and backbone installed through boat (new 2019)
- Suunto compass on steering pedestal
- Steering compass atop hard dodger
- Raymarine i70 display in aft stateroom
- Raymarine i70 display at nav station
- Airmar speed, depth, sea temperature transducer
- NEMA USB outlet at nav station
- Iridium Go with fixed antenna and docking station
- Icom handheld VHF radio
- Weems & Plath clock, tide clock and barometer on main bulkhead
- Pioneer DVH-P7000 stereo receiver
- Pioneer CDX-P670 CD changer
- Pioneer amplifier
- Infinity stereo speakers in salon
- Sea & Symphony speakers in cockpit
- Firdell Blipper radar reflector on mast
- Masthead windex wind direction indicator
- Masthead tricolor (bright, low power LED)
- Masthead anchor light (bright, low power LED)
- Side lights, aft light and steaming light
- Aft deck LED light mounted below radar on backstay
- Fore deck light mounted on mast
- (2) Marinco 30 amp shorepower inlet
- (2) 50’ 30 amp shorepower cords
- Mastervolt Ivet D 16 amp 3500 watt shorepower transformer
- Heart Interface 2500 watt 120V/60 cycle inverter, 85 amp 24V charger
- Mastervolt 12V battery charger
- Mastervolt Mass 24/75-C battery charger
- Mastervolt 20 amp 24 volt to 12 volt DC to DC converter
- Mastervolt MICC battery monitor
- Mastervolt 12V-160ah AGM battery for 12V service (new 2020)
- Mastervolt 12V-160ah genset and engine start battery (new 2020)
- (6) Mastervolt 12V-160ah AGM batteries for 24V house bank (2015)
- Fisher Panda 8000NE 230V/60hz AC Generator with Soundguard enclosure; 932 hours
- Leece-Neville 100 amp 24 volt engine drive alternator
- Bosch 100 amp 12 volt alternator
- LED foredeck light
- LED aft deck light on radar mount
- Two cockpit lights in hardtop overhead
- Two “moon” lights mounted in bottom of boom, over cockpit
MECHANICAL & PLUMBING SYSTEMS:
- Volvo TAMD31S 100hp engine with 3570 hours
- Oil analysis maintenance history over the last six years by Wearcheck – available for review
- Volvo HS25A hydraulic transmission
- AquaDrive shaft coupling system isolates engine from propeller shaft and reduces noise.
- Volvo propellor shaft seal
- Gori 22 x 17 three blade folding propellor with overdrive facility – 20% speed increase at 2000 RPM
- Spare three blade fixed propellor
- Groco bronze seawater strainer
- Racor primary fuel filter
- Manual diesel tank scavenger pump
- Whitlock steering system, shafts and gears; no cables
- Elkhide covered, stainless steel destroyer wheel mounted on Whitlock fiberglass steering pedestal
- Side Power bow thruster, 10 HP
- (2 )8lb Aluminum propane bottles (2) in gas locker
- Pressure hot and cold water with Parmax water pressure pump and large accumulator tank
- Manual freshwater foot pump in galley
- Electic/engine heated hot water tank
- (2) Whale gulper 220 shower drain pumps
- Analog battery, fuel and water tank level guages
- (2)Stainless-steel holding tanks with deck pump out or overboard, gravity discharge
- Frigiboat 24V refrigerator & freezer systems with keel coolers
- Spectra Newport 24V watermaker with MPC 3000 remote control
- Marine Air Vector Compact 220V/50/60hz 16K btu air conditioner for salon and forward stateroom
- Marine Air Vector Compact 220V/50/60hz 10K btu air conditioner for aft cabin
- (2) Webasto Airtop 3500 forced air diesel heaters
DECK & HULL:
ALLURA’s hull is white gel coat with off white coach roof and blue sheer, boot, and coaming stripes. There are stainless-steel rub strips at cleats and lifeline gates and stainless-steel strakes on the rub rail. The keel is an external lead casting bolted to a sloped fiberglass keel stub. The rudder has a partial skeg. The skeg fairing was extended to help prevent lines and lobster traps from getting caught on the rudder. The hull and deck are insulated with closed cell foam. The decks and coachroof are overlaid with high quality Burmese teak with a varnished teak caprail on raised bulwark and varnished teak handrails on the coach roof.
The cockpit is both deep and secure with fold-away D-rings for tethers. It is protected by a factory hard dodger with tempered glass. The original windshield is in storage and could replace the hard dodger for those preferring a more open cockpit. A folding teak cockpit table is fitted. Varnished companionway chart tables are located on each side of the companionway. The cockpit sole has a teak grating. A folding teak step is fitted aft of the helm allowing one to see over the hard dodger. On deck storage is in three large lockers. Forward is a top opening chain locker (825 litres) with shelf and room for fenders, lines and other gear. The cockpit locker (725 litres) is below the starboard seat. There is a very large (960 litres) full beam locker located at the stern accessed by two deck hatches. All lockers drain overboard. The liferaft has dedicated D-rings and cover fitting on the coach-house aft of the cockpit.
Stainless-steel stanchions are mounted on the raised bulwark to maximize deck space and minimize deck penetrations. Uncoated wire rope, double lifelines run forward from the midships gates to the bow pulpit. Oversized aluminum mooring cleats are aft, forward and midships. A folding stainless steel swim ladder is mounted on the stern swim step and can be deployed from the water for safety. A Questus white-painted aluminum radar pole is fitted to the backstay. The tender is stored on stainless-steel Kato Marine davits. A derrick is fitted to raise the outboard to its dedicated mount on the pushpit.
- Lofrans Progress 2 24V electric vertical anchor windlass, with capstan and chain gypsy
- Windlass up/down controls at windlass and helm
- 75lb CQR anchor with 200’ of 3/8” G4 chain and 200’ of three strand nylon 1” line
- Fortress FX-37 anchor long spool of ¾” nylon rode
- Deck washdown salt water pump and hose at bow locker
- Hot/cold freshwater shower at stern
- Folding stainless-steel transom ladder
- Varnished teak outer chart tables
- Varnished teak drop-leaf cockpit table mounted on steering pedestal
- Varnished teak drink holder on steering pedestal
- Questus self-leveling radar platform on backstay
- Stainless steel stanchions and lifelines with gates port, starboard, and on transom; railing from side boarding gates to stern
- Stainless-steel rub strips for mooring cleats
- Teak pushpit seats (not mounted)
- Magma rail-mounted propane grill with cover
- Kato stainless steel dinghy davits with spreader bar
- 2019 Highfield model CL310 hypalon 10’ aluminum RIB with cover and fold-down transom wheels
- Yamaha 8 hp outboard engine
- Lifting harness for outboard engine
- Edson outboard engine storage mount on pushpit
- Nova-lift outboard hoist with 4:1 ratchet block and tackle
- (2) Boathooks
- (6) Fenders and ample dock lines
- Teak/rope custom side boarding ladder
- Washdown hose and nozzle
- Cover for steering wheel, instruments, pedestal and folding table
- Full cockpit enclosure
- Hallberg Rassy Cockpit cushions
- (2) Factory-supplied varnished teak companionway dropboards (top one is louvered). Fitted with lock down latches on inside and outside key lock.
- Storage for drop boards in cockpit locker.
- Canvas closure for companionway
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Forestay, backstay and capshrouds replaced in 2019
- Selden anodized aluminum mast and boom
- Furlex hydraulic jib furling
- Furlex hydraulic in-mast mainsail furling
- Hank on staysail with removable inner forestay,stowage tensioner on mast(in storage).
- Running backstays, with messenger line spliced-in to provide for setting from cockpit.
- Furling Staysail rigged with torsion cable, continuous loop furler, and 2:1 halyard
- Mast-mounted spinnaker pole, topping lift and inboard end lift
- Navtec hydraulic control panel located in cockpit for vang and backstay
- Elvstrom EMS EPEX vertical batten furling mainsail (2019)
- Elvstrom EPEX 135% genoa with blue UV cover (2019)
- North Sails furling staysail with blue UV cover on Navtec cable and Karver KD-5 continuous loop furler
- Elvstrom asymmetric spinnaker with control sock
- Removable stainless-steel bowsprit for tacking spinnaker
- Port Townsend Sails 135% high clew genoa (2006)
- Mainsail halyard
- Genoa halyard
- 2:1 Staysail halyard
- Spinnaker halyard
- (2) Signal flag halyards
- Burgee halyard
- Lead car pullers for genoa lead to cockpit
- Lewmar mast-mounted topping lift winch
- (2) Lewmar mast-mounted self-tailing halyard winches
- (2) Lewmar 64 self-tailing electric primary winches
- Lewmar 44 self-tailing electric mainsheet/outhaul winch
- (4) Lewmar locking winch handles
- (3) winch handle pockets (at mast & helm)
- Winslow 6 person liferaft (due for service in 2024)
- Globalfix V4 EPIRB
- Lifesling in rail-mounted white plastic case
- Horseshoe ring with stern rail mount
- MOB button at helm activates MOB function on chart plotter
- MOB retrieval throw bag at helm
- Dedicated MOB halyard that can be led back to primary electric winch
- (3) Personal locator beacons for lifejackets
- (3) Wichard folding “D” rings in cockpit for attaching harness tethers
- Flares, large collection
- Electrolux fireproof safe
- Xintex LPG fume detector/alarm/shut off
- Manual bilge pump
- Whale Gulper 220 electric bilge pump
- Emergency high volume electric bilge pump with alarms fitted in deep bilge and engine room
- Portable 24V high capacity bilge pump with long reach cable and hose
- (5) Dry chemical fire extinguishers, two large extinguishers in aft deck locker and cockpit locker. Three down below in fore, middle and aft cabins
- Fireblanket by chart table
- CO Detector
There is an extensive spare parts inventory for both engine consumables and various boat parts.. Spare parts inventory available by request.